Monday, April 4, 2011

Tour of Flanders 2011


An excellent report from CyclingTips on last night's race:



If you weren’t able to stay up late last night and watch the Tour of Flanders on SBS you missed out big time. I can’t remember the last time I watched such an exciting and wide open race. I was jumping out of my skin for the final two hours! If you’re tired and groggy at work this morning after a late night, you’re not alone.

Yesterday we witnessed the beauty of bike racing. The strongest man doesn’t always win. What fun would it be if Cancellara just TT’d away and won every race? The man who plays to his strengths, has patience, and goes with the right moves makes it possible to beat all of the favorites. I would have loved to see Gilbert, Cancellara and especially Chavanel take the win after animating the race like they did, but good-on Nick Nuyens for being the smartest man with the legs to back it up. Edge of the seat stuff!


Full report:


No comments: