This is something that will capture Bob's interest. Maybe the Biathlon or the Obstacle Race?
The wheels of time turn back 100 years as the peaceful village of Evandale in northern Tasmania once again plays host to the Evandale Village Fair and National Penny Farthing Championships. The Evandale Village Fair is held annually in February, and features a full program of Penny Farthing bicycle racing featuring the National Penny Farthing Championship. Started in 1983 the Evandale Penny Farthing races attract enthusiasts from across Australia and around the world. Accompanying the Penny Farthings races are a country fair and period themed festival.
Events that will be held in 2013 include:
- The feature race of the day, the National Penny Farthing Championship. The fastest eight riders advance through heats in to the final, which is over 4 laps of the circuit, a total distance of one mile.
- Separate championship races for ladies, juniors (under 16), veterans 1 (50+), 2 (60+), 3 (70+).
- Slow race (last over the line wins)
- Slalom (two at a time around witches’ hats)
- Novice Race (first time riders)
- Sprint (200 metre dash)
- Relay (teams of 4, one lap each)
- Biathlon (run one lap, ride 2, run one)
- Miss ‘n Out (last rider on each lap eliminated)
- Obstacle (run, carry bike, wheel bike, sprint)
- Consolation (for those who haven’t won a medal.)
More info at: