Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cavandish lowers expectations




CyclingNews today brought news that Mark Cavandish has ridden the World's course and agrees with many others that it's too tough for pure sprinters. Somewhat reassuring for the rest of us mere mortals that have tried to ride the course...


Mark Cavendish (HTC-Columbia) has stated that the world championships circuit is more difficult than he had previously anticipated. The Manxman tested the course over the weekend and admitted that he may have to lower his expectations significantly ahead of next Sunday’s road race.

“The course is certainly too difficult for me,” Cavendish told RTBF. “I hadn’t seen the circuit myself before now.


“According to what people had been telling me beforehand the rainbow jersey was a possibility, but now that I’ve been able to check it out for myself, I’ll have to revise my ambitions.”

No comments: